Saturday 7 July 2007

2-week tourney

My last post was 31st May.... talk about being behind heheh.

Just recovered from a 2-week long badminton tourney organised by the office in which me and Redvaee was part of the organising team. It was a long fortnight with daily matches which lasted for about 3.5 hours per day. Since we had to be there every day, it was quite tiring.

The tourney format was round-robin and it all came down to the final matchday which happened yesterday. For the first time in the tournament, all 4 courts in LLRC were used at the same time involving 8 teams.

The atmosphere was Electrifying! There were no other words to descibe it. Cheers from supporters from all corners of the hall were enough to deafen.....but I was similing....
Smiled because all the preparations was worth it. I almost didn't care what the total points that my dept got last nite. I was happy to see everybody enjoying the matches.

Three of GNR8 members were actually there, Redvaee, SY and myself. Since my dept was against Red's dept, we actually met in a mixed doubles match. By chance? I think Red was planning it secretly. hehe. I think SY did well last nite. Lost to him in our men's doubles in a previous match when our depts met. I blamed it all on my partner : D (sorry M.H.!)

Mr. Apparent--ly also made an appearance last nite. Drove all the way from B-town to watch the final. Hope you enjoyed it man.

All in all, a busy 2 weeks but ended with a blast.

PS- Guys, we have 2 upcoming friendlies coming up. UBD at the end of this month and the 1st GNR8 cup in Aug.



No comments: